200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
Affordable & Intensive Yoga Teacher Training at Rishikesh Yog Dham with a life changing spiritual yogic experience
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh India - Level 1
Rishikesh Yog Dham offers 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh India based on traditional hatha yoga and is registered with Yoga Alliance USA as RYS 200. It is a residential hatha yoga course ideal for beginners and intermediate level yoga students and runs for just under a month in duration, and upon completion, you will be awarded a globally recognized certification. The course fee includes food and accommodation (private room and bathroom). On successful completion, you will be a certified yoga teacher with RYT 200 Hour Yoga TTC Rishikesh – Yoga Alliance USA. Residential 200 hours Hatha-Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course Rishikesh with Arvind is for anyone who wishes to get officially certified to teach yoga. Our yoga school is registered with Yoga Alliance USA, thus making the 200 hours yoga teacher training certification rishikesh recognized and accepted worldwide.
Our aim of 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh India — provide our students a holistic yoga teacher training experience enriched with yogic traditions!
Yoga Course Overview
Our 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh India is based on traditional Hatha yoga Series. Daily lectures will include topics like functional anatomy, yoga philosophy, Subtle anatomy – meditation, pranayama, mantras, and more.
We start off the training program by bringing all students to a common level while building a strong foundation with proper focus on alignment and breathing.
Having established a common platform, students from week 2 onwards dive deeper into his/her own practice with more hands-on experience of teaching as well. This is the week students start getting creative in their minds to showcase their creativity in the following 3rd week.
By the end of the 200 hour yoga teacher training in India Rishikesh, you will be able to confidently teach a Hatha Yoga class suitable for all levels and offer modifications for students with injuries or physical limitations with the sound knowledge gained in anatomy and alignment classes during the TTC.
What You Will Gain From This TTC?
200 hour Yoga TTC Rishikesh - Curriculum
AT RYD – the TTC course is made up of the 3 main foundational pillars of Yoga – Your Body, History & Subtle Anatomy of Yoga and The Art of Teaching
Your Body – Asanas, Anatomy, Alignment & Modifications
Anatomy– This Area of Study helps one to understand the human body, understand how yoga practice effects a human body, how to respect and listen to ones body’s limitations and potentials as well.
A thorough understanding of Human Anatomy is the base for Asana practice. It’s not just all technical and theoretical. Its hands-on experience right from the first week of the TTC. You will learn anatomy and physiology relevant to yoga to strengthen your own classroom explanations, instructions, and corrections of asanas. The classes will cover the systems of the body, terminology, and yoga asana alignment based on applied anatomy.
Asanas – Every day workshops that cover in-depth study of postures, alignment, benefits, modifications, and adjustments. Asanas of the following groups will be covered during this TTC – Meditative Postures, Dynamic Postures, Standing Postures, Balancing Postures, Inverted Postures, Twisting Postures, Back-Bend Postures, Forward-Bend Postures, and Relaxation Postures.
History & Subtle Anatomy of Yoga
Anatomy & Physiology, Subtle Aspects of Yoga & Yogic Philosophy.
This Area of Study focuses on the science of Yoga – the anatomy of subtle body. It focus on how to incorporate these subtle aspects of yoga as a part of our daily yogic lifestyle.
Subtle Anatomy – Nadis, Chakras, Koshas, Prana An Vayu.
Subtle Aspects of Yoga – Shatkarma, Kriyas, Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas, Mantra Chanting & Meditation.
Yoga Philosophy – The course will introduce you to the basic philosophy, concepts and history of yoga. It will explore the various traditional philosophies and yogic lifestyle
The Art of Teaching
Ideal for all levels and great practice
Mentioned below are just a few highlights of the Curriculum
Yogic Science lays a lot of importance to certain cleansing processes as it does to asanas and pranayama. Without purification of the body one will not be ready for higher practises of yoga. When the body is free the mind also functions properly. According to Yoga, body cleansing is gained through the practice of Shatkarma. In our 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training the following Shatkarma that purify the whole body and bring clarity and harmony to the mind are :
- Jalaneti & *Sutra neti - Nasal cleansing
- Kunjal - Cleansing of digestive tract
- Kapalbhati - Purification & vitalisation of the frontal lobes
- Trataka - Blinkless gazing
Pranayama is breathing techniques that help a yogi to free himself/herself from emotional and physical obstacles in our body. However, it’s not just breathing exercises. It is practised to expand the dimensions of the prana within you. The following breathing techniques are taught in the foundational 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh :
- Introduction to Prana & Pranayama
- Understand the role of pranayama in Yoga
- *Understand how pranayama enhances ones yoga practise
- Mechanics of Breathing
- General guidelines of Pranayama
- Difference between yogic breathing and other forms of breathing, daily practise of yogic breathing
- Diaphragmatic paradox , Understanding paradoxical breathing, symptoms and causes, yogic treatment breathing
- *Practical understanding of the following pranayama techniques: Nadi Shodana, Kapalbhati, Brahmari, Sheetkari, Sheetali, Bhastrika, Ujjay
From a gross point of view, mujra is a term meaning a gesture of a particular mood of feeling of consciousness. They are manifestations of special moods of feelings of consciousness, the Chitta and states of energy, The Prana. Bandhas are physical and psychic locks which disrupt the sensations being created in the nerve’s insides the body and brain and awaken other specific kinds of sensations. Main aim of mudras and bandhas is to help attain an inner state in which external emotions and events do not scatter the mental state. The following will be covered in this section:
- *Introduction, Importance and benefits Of Mudras
- *Jnana mudra, Chin mudra, Bhairavi mudra, Shambhavi mudra, Nasikagra mudra, Khechari mudra, Ashwini mudra
- *Introduction, benefits and preparation of Bandhas - Moola Bandha, Jalandhara bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Maha bandha
According to Patanjali, “When all thoughts get diverted to the point that the mind is fixed without creating any other flow of thought, it is called dhyana by wise people. It is the kriya (purification) of Chitta (mind).”
- Introduction & *Importance of Meditation
- What is Bhakti Yog
- Shanti Mantra (Om Puurnnam-Adah Puurnnam-Idam)
- Discussion of Ancient stories giving insights to Yogic Life
- Basic relaxation meditation
- Healing Om meditation
- Third Eye Meditation
- Anapana Meditation (breathing awareness)
- Deep Meditation Practice
- Laughter Meditation
- Yog Nidra
- Yogic Breathing Meditation
- Open Eye Meditation
- Japa Meditation
- Antar Yatra Meditation
- Trataka Meditation
- River/Nature Meditation
- Ganesh Mantra (Vakratunda Mahakaya) - this mantra removes all the obstacles
- Shanti Mantra (Asato Maa Sad-Gamaya) - shanti mantra keeps our mind cool and relaxed
- Shanti Mantra (Om Puurnnam-Adah Puurnnam-Idam)
- Gayatri Mantra (Om bhoor bhuvah svah) - The Gayatri Mantra is a sacred chant that demonstrates the unity that underlies manifoldness in creation.
- Guru Mantra (Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu) - By reciting this mantra with a sincere heart, you will see that the power that enlightens is all around you at all times
- Maha mrityunjaya Mantra (Om Trayambakam Yajamahe) - Addresses the Rudra Avatar of Lord Shiva. It is believed to be the most powerful and spiritual pursuit from Hindus
Following asanas are covered during the 28 days course with a lot of emphasis on alignment and correction.
-Pawanmuktasana series - 1-2-3 & Padmasana Group Asanas
- Series 1 - Anti Rheumatic group (joint movements)
- Series 2 - Abdominal Group
- Series 3 - Energy block group
-Sun salutations - Surya Namaskar with Mantras
-Moon salutation - Chandra Namaskar with Mantras
Standing Asanas & Twisting Asanas
- Triyaka Tadasana
- Kati Chakrasana
- Veerbadhrasana (I, II & III)
- Parivritta Parshvakonasana
- Meru Wakrasana
- Ardha Matyendrasana
- Parivritti Janu Sirshasana
- Shava Udarakarshanasana
- Supta Udarakarshanasana
Forward Bend & Beckbend Asanas
- Gatyatmak Paschimottanasana
- Pada Prasar Paschimottanasana
- Janu Sirshasana
- Sirsha Angustha Yog Asana
- Eka Padotanasana
- Gomukh asana
- Supta Vajrasana
Balancing/Inversions & Advance Asanas
- Eka Pada Pranamasana
- Uttitha Hasta Padangusthasana
- Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
- Pada Angushthasana
- Vipareeta Karani Asana
- Salamba Sirshasana
- Matsya Kridasana
- Surya Namaskara (A & B)
- Ashtanga Primary Series
- Pada hastasana
- Utthita Trikonasana
- Parivritta Trikonasana
- Utthita Parshvakonasana
- Parivritta Parshvakonasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana (A, B, C & D)
- Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana
- Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
- Utkatanasana Virabhadrasana (A & B)
- Dandasana (Chaturanga Dandasana)
- Paschimottanasana (3 types)
- Ardha Baddha Padma
- Triang Mukaikapada
- Janu Shirshasana (A, B & C)
- Marichyasana (A, B, C & D)
- Supta Kurmasana
- Garbha Pindasana
- Baddha Konasana
- Upavishta Konasana
- Supta Konasana
- Supta Padangushtasana
- Ubhaya Padangushtasana
- Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana
- Setu Bandhasana
- Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Urdhva Padmasana
- Uttana Padasana Sirsasana
- Urdhva Dandasana
- Baddha Padmasana
- Yoga Mudra
- Uth Pluthi
- Introduction & History of Yoga
- Philosophy of Yoga according to Ancient texts of Bhagwad Gita, Hatha Yog Pradipika and Gherand Samitha
- Introduction to Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Prerequisites of Yog Sadhana
The Anatomy lectures help students to explore the body through its various systems carving a roadmap to the asana practice. The major systems taught in the TTC are:
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular system
- MuscoSkeletal System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
Mastering the art of teaching comes with practice! In our TTC we give our students ample opportunities to teach and correct students. Students also get a chance to assist other teachers. Teaching Methodology class being one of the most import ones in the TTC, students shall learn the following and much more:
- Learn how to teach
- The Art and Science of Sequencing
- Taking the role of a yoga teacher
- Learn how to give constructive feedback
- The Business of Yoga - How to enter a competitive yoga market and create your own niche, business aspects of yoga, Understanding Yoga alliance.
A typical day at Rishikesh Yog Dham starts with a soul-warming herbal drink/tea to kick start the body metabolism needed for the whole days’ activities lined up at the TTC. Followed by the morning gathering comes Cleansing of the mind and body Through Shatkarma or yogic cleansing as it’s popularly understood amongst the general masses. The Morning Yoga practice begins with a small session of Soul Healing (Mantra and Meditation).
Morning Yoga practice all about the self-realization of the body, understanding its limits, and pushing oneself to overcome the limitations of the mind. This Pivotal experience consists of practicing different forms of Yoga – Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, and Ashtanga primary series. This effort is to give you an insight into all significant forms of yoga, while also enabling your details to help choose the form that suits your body and mind the most.
- The mid-day consists of Understanding the Human body through the anatomical point of view and a relaxing meditation hour just before lunch.
- Lunch is followed by a quick rest time and then comes one of the most exciting parts of the yoga TTC, the whole reason for one choosing the path of yoga – Yoga Philosophy.
- The TTC day ends with Yoga Teaching Methodology class and a light Satvic dinner.
- The course dives deeper from the second week onwards with a lot of practical hands-on assisting, one on one teaching, understanding key alignment and its applications during practice sessions.
Week 4 is all about practicum and final assessments. Students will be thoroughly guided to transition into the final week of their TTC.
Upon successful completion of yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you will be graduated as a Yoga Teacher, and that would enable you to register yourself with Yoga Alliance USA and teach anywhere you would like to or open your own yoga studio.
|6:00 am||Herbal Tea|
|7:30 am - 9:00 am||Yoga Asana|
|9:00 am – 9:30 am||Breakfast|
|9:45 am – 10:45 am||Yoga Anatomy|
|11:00 am – 11:50 am||Yoga Asana Alighnment|
|12:30 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch Break|
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy|
|4:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Yoga Asana|
|5:30 pm – 6:30 pm||Meditation|
|7:00 pm – 7:30 pm||Diner|
|9:30 pm||Lights Off|
Note : Daily schedule is subject to change*
Food And Accommodation
Food – 200 Hour Yoga Certification in India calls for Indian food,Ofcourse, sent it? Yes…very much indeed. At Rishikesh Yog Dham we offer food that best suits a Yogis food sense of sustaining life. Ayurvedic food on the lines of Satvic gunnas is incorporated in our day to day meals. Our chefs are highly experienced, and only wholesome vegetarian plant-based Food is served. Locally grown food from Rishikesh is served three times a day as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Any special dietary requirements must be informed to the management at the time of reservation and/or arrival.
Accommodation – Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh India offers the best experience to live life like a yogi. While keeping simplicity to its best, we have considered all those basic requirements needed by a modern-day yogi. The location of Rishikesh Yog Dham and its natural surroundings make your training even more inspiring, with the accommodation provided clean and comfortable. What makes it most unique is the spacious balconies it has on both sides of the rooms. The pictures shall describe them best. We have the following room options in our Yoga teacher training courses : Private room – A room for yourself with private bathroom Shared room – On Twin sharing basis Room Amenities include:
Own private attached bathroom
Bed sheets, blankets, and pillow
Hot shower water
To Book your mat space –
A advance deposit of $200 is payable via PayPal. Balance amount is payable in full on arrival and is accepted in Cash INR/USD/EURO/Credit card/Bank transfer
PayPal/bank/Credit card transaction fee is borne by the applicant.
** Book 6 months in advance and avail a discount **
The fee mentioned includes Tuition Fee, single room accommodation, Meals, Yoga Materials and Excursions.
Deposit paid is non-refundable.
In case of unforeseen emergencies/contigencies/early exit from course/no-show – the fee shall not be refunded.
However a student can rearrange his plans and enrol within the next 3 months to complete the yttc. Failing to do so will have the fees paid/deposit paid forfeited. Under no scenario the management shall refund the deposit/fees once paid.
Hence it is advised, to make thorough plans while planning for a yoga teacher training course as it involves a lot of investment on your part in terms of time and money.
Plan your arrival and departure well within your visa limits. You are expected to be at Rishikesh Yog Dham by 16:00 PM one day prior to the 1st day of the course. Please ensure you flights are booked accordingly so as to reach the Center no later than 16:30 PM. The orientation ceremony will be held at 17:00 PM.
We arrange cab pick from Delhi IGT airport and Dehradun Jolly Grant airport for a minimum cost of $70 and $20 USD, respectively. We will ask you a month before your course date to confirm your flight details should you wish to avail of this service. It takes around 6 hours from Delhi to Rishikesh by road and around about 45 mins from Dehradun airport. Please consider the road travel time while booking your flights for smooth arrival and departure.
Students depart the Centre a day after the graduation ceremony post breakfast.
A recent passport size photo
A colour copy or scan of Passport
A copy of Indian visa. Incase of E-visa, the school shall also seek for the arrival e-stamp details
Yoga clothing for asana practice
Comfortable clothing for all times
Winter warmers if travelling during the winter season
A pair of white clothing for the graduation ceremony
Adaptor plug etc.
course fee includes
What does the 200 Hour Yoga TTC fees include?
Participants must attend all excursions and activities of the school and must follow a caffeine free/Non-alcoholic/ vegetarian diet to maintain the decorum and get full benefits of the immersion program.
- 23 Nights Twin Shared Accommodation
- 3 Times daily nutritious vegetarian meals and teas
- Weekend excursions
- Course material
- kirtan night’s
- Movie night
- Free Internet
- Yoga Mats and material for all activities
- Certificate of yoga alliance
What does the 200 Hour Yoga TTC fees Not-include?
For 200 Hours course :-
- $200 USD for international participant & 10,000 INR for Indian participant extra for Private Accommodation applicable..
- Any Personal Expenses
- Any Medical Expenses
- Any Transportation
- Extra Class
Important factors that influence your successful certification are attendance, your attitude towards your fellow course mates, teachers and staff, submission of written assignments and final practicum.
All students have to follow the norms of the school laid down for this teacher training course. 100 percent attendance is a must, and hence, one must focus only on the TTC during the tenure of the TTC. You can carry out your personal interest activities in the free time allowed to you during the day/after dinner or on Sundays.
Participants must attend all excursions and activities of the school.
And must follow a caffeine free/Non-acholoic/vegetrairan diet to maintain the decorum and get full benefits of the immersion program.
How To Apply
If you have made up your mind – this is place to follow the next steps towards registrations
Click the button below – fill in your application form.
↤ Slide The Table To View Content ↦
Upon reviewing, the management informs the student with availability confirmation and other information asked by a student during application.
A deposit of $210 usd is payable to reserve your mat space. Upon receipt of payment, the management confirms your registration.
Applications are serves on first come first serve basis and seats are limited in Number. Hence, we encourage early admissions. The management reserves full rights to reject applications if deemed so.